Monday, February 16, 2009

Game Blahs

I am hitting a bit of gamer duldrums. My two main online games are Eve and WoW. I can't afford to play Eve at $30 a month and WoW is still just... WoW. Both games are just what they have always been, but after several years on each, I do keep confronting a diminishing return in enjoyment.

The wife and I are working through Season Two of Battlestar Galactica. Definitely a great series and probably the best Sci-Fi series made. I saw a boardgame version at Wargame Supply that looked interesting. Waaay too expensive for me to afford right now, but looks cool.

I haven't checked MMORPG release schedules lately. Probably just more fantasy crap in the pipeline.

I'll have to hit the next Welly RPG meeting (WARG) and see what's shakin'.

Game On!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BSG is amazing and quite worth your time. Indeed, possibly the greatest Sci-Fi ever made.

-Lucas

PS: Apocrypha is hitting in March. Don't know if you've seen the feature log. Pretty sweet stuff.

Troy said...

We played a three-player game of the BSG board game the other day. Lots of promise, but would probably be better with more players.