Friday, November 28, 2008

Wrath of the Crack Lich

I'm still heavily engaged in my writing goal of 60,000 words. I'm at about 18,000 which while far from the mark is more than I've ever written before so I'm still pretty excited about it. The story is a cyberpunk theme based on many of the tropes I like most about the Interface Zero True20 setting I picked up a few weeks ago. My theme is really to discover what new levels of humanity may be uncovered as we shed more and more of our biology.

I have the next leg of Adventures of Doom layed out in bubble flow form with a list of encounters and necessary NPC's altho I don't have all details worked out yet. But I could probably run it as is. I'm really working on developing NPC's and motivations so that I sustain the story without so much planning.

The other big time waster is the newly released Wrath of the Lich King expansion for World of Warcraft. Amy started playing again on a PvE server and that suckered me in to racing a character up to 55th level so I could start a Death Knight character. The DK's are just introduced with this expansion and they rock. I've had tons of fun with my new Blood Elf Death Knight that I named... Mildread. I hope my great aunt doesn't mind.

All things considered, life is good.

Game On!

No comments: