Thursday, March 13, 2008

What am I playing?

I still plunk around with World of Warcraft. I'm going between two servers. A long while ago I ran up my wife's Horde Shaman to 60th level on a PvP server (Nazjatar). She (the toon, not my wife) whomps buttock. I like the dual-wield Enhance-o-shammy. She's a glass tank, but I'm addicted to the occasional sudden death this build can produce. The other character I'm playing is on a PvE server, Muradin. Bicklefitch is now a 22nd level Draenai Mage. Mostly I just like the nice graphics and exploratory nature of WoW with a little combat challenge mixed it. It's like reading a trash romance novel. It passes the time without profoundly altering the reader.

I'm keeping up with EVE. That is I'm keeping skills in training. I do try to rat now and then, but I tend to spend ISK about as fast as I earn it. I'm considering letting the accounts drop again. I wish there was a way to lease them out or something. Perhaps as an omen, EVE has been down for over 12 hours due to a patch. A more and more common occurance. I do not think the system can scale up anymore which continues to hinder it's long term life span.

Complicating the computer game play is a flaky video card. So when the lack of new/interesting game content combine with spontaneous reboot frustration... I retreat back to tabletop rpg stuff. I say "stuff" cuz I'm not really playing anything... just thinking about playing. I make sketch characters and think about game world concepts. Sorta sad really. Like watching a kid try to play baseball by himself. I'm focusing on True20. It looks fast to play and easy to use. I may steal a few elements from the not fast and not easy to use Spycraft. But I plan to be careful with that. Too much Spycraft would ruin the whole point, but SC has some nice self-scaling bits. Plus the "dramatic scenes" are too awesome to exclude especially for things too mechanically complex to work out like vehicle combat.

Play safe out there! Game On!

No comments: